Just having a website is not enough to maintain or grow your business these days. You need to be certain that your website optimization is on track to generate interest. This means maintaining a vibrant website, always improving, refreshing and refining. Follow these expert tips to take your website’s performance to the next level.
Optimize for Search Engines
To increase visibility, use SEO and website development best practices. These include:
- Create regular new, relevant, quality content. Typically this means to blog at least weekly. You should cover problems your audience currently cares most about, with advice to solve these issues.
- Include share buttons. Sharing is caring, after all. If you’re creating content on topics your visitors find helpful or insightful, they will gladly share with their followers and friends. This brings you an even bigger audience.
- Update or claim your Google business page. New features are added often, so take advantage of those. For instance, not long ago Menu functionality was added, meaning restaurants can include even more info to attract customers. It also gives Google more info to show in search results. Make sure your special services (those that people are likely to search for, such as online reservations) are listed.
- Stay involved with your Yelp listing. Make sure it’s up-to-date with your business hours, NAP (name address and phone) and that this matches Google Business and your social media pages. Actively request reviews as you deal with customers (specifically on Yelp and/or Google). The more reviews you have, the greater your credibility as a business (and the more likely that any bad ones are outnumbered or pushed down).
- Use geo-SEO. Add website keywords that describe your service area completely. Include city, county, region, neighborhood names and more. In fact, create content directed at those groups/areas specifically, if possible. Geographic terms are commonly used in the Google search box, so you want to make sure your site comes up for relevant areas!
There’s much more involved in website optimization! Check back here for advice, or contact Heartland Digital Marketing for a customized plan to make your website into a lead magnet.