The fact is that you will never reach your desired audience with an ineffective or wrong web title (also known as a title tag). Your web title should be a part of your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and reflect whatever it is a user is searching for. Not only that, your title is important because it tells search engines how they should rank your site.
Here are six best practices related to creating a good title tag:
- It should be short. Note that Google has a maximum title length of 64-70 characters (including spaces). If you make your title longer, Google will shorten its display in search results.
- Don’t put your title in all caps.
- Although your main keyword should be in your title, resist overstuffing it with too many keywords. Example: What Is Franchising? Franchising Tips, Franchising Facts, Franchising General Information.
- Write a compelling title that would inspire you to click on the link.
- Your title should be relevant to the page. If it is not, you will only succeed in having a high bounce rate instead of a high click-through rate.
- If possible, include your brand in the title, i.e., Find the Best Franchise in Franchising Magazine.
Examples of Excellent Titles:
- Best Nike Running Shoes | Nike Shoe Reviews 2019 – Runner’s W
- Top 15 Ad Campaigns of the 21st Century | AdAge
- 101 Best Things to Do in NYC According to Experts in 2019 – Time Out
- 25 Surefire Ways to Improve Customer Satisfaction – CallMiner
Click here to find some more tips for writing titles that users won’t be able to resist.
Need Help with Your SEO?
SEO is essential to the success of your website because you want your potential audience to find you easily. The bottom line is that successful SEO marketing will increase your bottom line. Heartland Digital Marketing can help you create effective web page titles as an essential part of a customized SEO strategy for your business. Contact us for more information.